Hawks stumble at home against Covenant men's basketball | Schools
The Huntingdon men’s basketball team controlled the game for much of the first half Thursday against Covenant College.
But the Scots took control in the second half and handed Huntingdon a 69-60 loss at Roland Arena.
Huntingdon (6-18) built as much as an 11-point lead in the first half and led 28-24 at the half. But Covenant (14-11) outscored the Hawks 45-32 in the second half.
Jeremiah Thomas led Huntingdon with 15 points and eight rebounds and Jason Varney added 10 points.
Huntingdon closes out the season at home on Saturday against Bob Jones at 5 p.m. The game will also be Senior Day for the Hawks.
Source: Huntingdon College Sports Information Director
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!