Lane/Ramp Closures Necessary on I-85 this Weekend in Montgomery | News
MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Department of Transportation’s ongoing I-85 bridge maintenance project continues near downtown Montgomery.
Weather permitting, the following I-85 lane/ramp closures, between mile markers 0.5 and 1.5 (from the bridge over Jackson Street through the bridge over Rosa Parks Avenue) will be in place this weekend:
- Friday, April 5 beginning at 9 p.m. until Monday, April 8 at 5 a.m. – outside lanes of I-85 North and South.
- Friday, beginning at 9 p.m. until Saturday, April 6 at 9 a.m. – outside and middle lanes of I-85 North.
- Friday beginning at 9 p.m. until Saturday, at 9 a.m. – I-85 North entrance ramp from Arba Street.
- Saturday beginning at 9 p.m. until Sunday, April 7 at 9 a.m. – outside and middle lanes of I-85 South.
- Sunday beginning at 8 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. – outside and middle lanes of I-85 South.
The closures are part of the Alabama Department of Transportation’s bridge joint repair and concrete slab replacement project on I-85 from I-65 to Hall Street in Montgomery.
The bridge maintenance project is scheduled for completion this summer.
A work zone speed limit of 40 mph will be strictly enforced.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this construction to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT's mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit ALDOT’s Road Conditions page at www.dot.state.al.us.
Information Source: ALDOT