I-85/Perry Hill Road interchange improvement project set to begin next week | News
The project to construct a new entrance ramp to I-85 North that will help ease traffic congestion on Perry Hill Road, is scheduled to begin next week, the Alabama Department of Transportation announced today.
The $8.4 million interchange improvement project on I-85 at Perry Hill Road (Exit 4) will include bridge widening, additional lanes and new traffic signals. The project is slated to begin March 4, weather permitting, and is estimated to be completed by November 2014.
Expected impact to traffic will be during evening lane shifts and lane closures on I-85 and Perry Hill Road, Sundays through Thursdays. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes and avoid travel in the area if possible during construction.
The Montgomery Police Department will strictly enforce the 45 mph work zone speed limit on I-85.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally and economically sound transportation network across Alabama.
Source: Alabama Department of Transportation
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Parents make tough decisions about kids' summer activities
- ASU alumna gets leadership position at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center
- ASU volleyball coaches to act as sports envoys with China to help youth in earthquake areas!
- Mrs. Alabama, Lettermen of the Iron Bowl to attend Jubilee Run for Cancer
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation