Hyundai contract worker's death said to be of natural causes | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department says a preliminary investigation into the cause of a Hyundai plant contract employee's death Wednesday morning shows he died of natural causes.
Authorities said a 51-year-old male employee was transported by ambulance from the manufacturing facility to an area hospital where he later died. He has not been identified by name.
When reached for comment, spokesman for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama confirmed that an ambulance was called to the plant after the contract employee collapsed on the job.
Spokesman Robert Burns said the man's collapse was not related to any on the job accident.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration confirms that it has opened an "inspection" but says it cannot report any further details.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair