Hyundai contract worker's death said to be of natural causes | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department says a preliminary investigation into the cause of a Hyundai plant contract employee's death Wednesday morning shows he died of natural causes.
Authorities said a 51-year-old male employee was transported by ambulance from the manufacturing facility to an area hospital where he later died. He has not been identified by name.
When reached for comment, spokesman for Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama confirmed that an ambulance was called to the plant after the contract employee collapsed on the job.
Spokesman Robert Burns said the man's collapse was not related to any on the job accident.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration confirms that it has opened an "inspection" but says it cannot report any further details.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps