Pike Road murder suspect in custody | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA- Jason Curtis Ferguson, wanted for capital murder in connection with the death of 19-year-old Jay McCollum on Monday, was taken into custody this afternoon at the Evergreen Estates Mobile Home Park on Troy Highway.
Sheriff D. T. Marshall said Ferguson was hiding in a vacant trailer. Residents in the trailer park called in tips about him being there. He was arrested without resistance.
Ferguson has been taken to the county jail for processing. He will be booked on capital murder charges.
On Monday, deputies were dispatched to the 1000 block of Stableway Road in the Bridlebrook subdivision in Pike Road just before 9 a.m. When they arrived, authorities located 19-year-old Jay McCollum deceased inside the residence. Warrant information from Ferguson's arrest stated that McCollum was shot, stabbed and beaten during the course of the crime.
MCSO requested assistance from the Alabama State Troopers in locating a white male suspect in the area of Old Pike Road and Vaughn Road.
Ferguson was also wanted on domestic violence charges in Wetumpka.
Sheriff Marshall says McCollum was asleep when Ferguson allegedly broke into the home on Stableway Road - a motive for the break-in is unknown at this time.
Ferguson is scheduled to have his first appearance in a Montgomery Court on January 3.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps