ABI investigating officer-related shooting in Montgomery | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA- An investigation is under way in Montgomery after a police officer fired their weapon at a suspect who refused to pull over.
The incident occurred Wednesday afternoon around 4pm when the officer noticed a suspicious vehicle in the back of the Carriage Hills Apartments. The officer attempted to stop the driver of a beige Lincoln sedan, but the suspect fled the scene at a high rate of speed.
The officer chased the vehicle down Vaughn Road to Old Orchard Lane where it came to a stop in the yard of a residence near Inverness Road.
Lt. Regina Duckett, a spokeswoman for the department, confirmed that the suspect was arrested and there were no injuries.
Duckett said the vehicle came to a stop in the side yard of a residence and that investigators were processing the scene.
Duckett said charges against the person are pending. She could not provide any additional details regarding the case and referred additional questions to the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.
The Alabama Bureau of Investigation is investigating the case as a matter of procedure due to the fact that an officer discharged their weapon.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school