Arrest made in Montgomery's 28th homicide of 2012 | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- The Montgomery Police Department says it's taken into custody a suspect wanted in connection to the city's 28th homicide of 2012. Cedric Stokes, 24, is now charged with the murder of Oterious Belser.
Belser was struck by a vehicle on Davis Drive on November 18. He died of his injuries on November 21.
Stokes was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force and transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility. He's being held under a $75,000 bond.
Stokes is the second person to be arrested and charged with Belser's death. The Montgomery Police Department already took 25-year-old Jeffery Lamarris Howard into custody.
A preliminary investigation by authorities found that Belser was intentionally struck by the vehicle.
No additional information was immediately available.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school