Montgomery Co. Commission sworn in | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Members of the Montgomery County Commission were officially sworn in to their offices Wednesday.
Newly-elected commissioner Dan Harris was first to be sworn in. He was also chosen to serve as Vice-Chairman of the Board.
The four other commissioners took their oaths afterward. They were all re-elected to their positions, including Elton Dean, who was also re-elected as Chairman.
Dean said he was looking forward to a more aggressive commission that will work more with the city and state in an effort to bring more growth, jobs and better public education to the area.
With Harris' election, the Montgomery County Commission is now controlled by Democrats.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair