Residents displaced after overnight fire at Montgomery apt. complex | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- The Montgomery Fire Department responded to a fire overnight at the Rockingham Manor Apartments on Audubon Road.
Officials say 16 to 24 units responded to the blaze and worked to exstinguish the flames.
The two-story building sustained heavy damage as a result of the fire.
Residents were able to safely escape building though there were a few minor injuries.
Three adults were injured, two of which were transported to locals hospitals with non life-threatening injuries.
Two children, one just 6-days-old, the other 22-months-old, were also checked as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time. An investigation is ongoing.
CLICK HERE to see a slide show of the fire's aftermath.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps