Totals from Breakfast for Babies well over goal! | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Breakfast for Babies 2012 was an overwhelming success with more than $22,500 raised in a little under four hours! The total donations surpassed last year's $18,000 total.
This year, there were close to 2,000 pre-orders, the biggest number of pre-orders in the seven year history of Breakfast for Babies. Some customers were seen handing $100 bills in when they received their meals.
Overall, more than 3,600 breakfasts were sold at $6 each, but many people donated above and beyond that amount. Organizers sold 500 Breakfast for Babies T-shirts as well.
This year Chappy's Deli added an extra drive-thru lane which got folks through the line much more quickly. More than 70 volunteers assisted during the 3 ½ hour event.
March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature births, and infant mortality. That's what the money is going towards.
WSFA 12 News served as a proud sponsor of the event.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race
- Montgomery Zoo Hosts Military Appreciation Day
- Hannah Chadee Joins Jackson Hospital
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash