Totals from Breakfast for Babies well over goal! | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Breakfast for Babies 2012 was an overwhelming success with more than $22,500 raised in a little under four hours! The total donations surpassed last year's $18,000 total.
This year, there were close to 2,000 pre-orders, the biggest number of pre-orders in the seven year history of Breakfast for Babies. Some customers were seen handing $100 bills in when they received their meals.
Overall, more than 3,600 breakfasts were sold at $6 each, but many people donated above and beyond that amount. Organizers sold 500 Breakfast for Babies T-shirts as well.
This year Chappy's Deli added an extra drive-thru lane which got folks through the line much more quickly. More than 70 volunteers assisted during the 3 ½ hour event.
March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature births, and infant mortality. That's what the money is going towards.
WSFA 12 News served as a proud sponsor of the event.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair