MPD investigating fatal shooting on Mill Street | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department is currently working the scene of a fatal shooting at a residence in West Montgomery.
According to authorities, MPD responded to a residence in the 2300 block of Mill Street Monday morning around 10 a.m. on the call of a subject shot.
When authorities arrived they found a female who suffered a fatal gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead at the scene. That victim was later identified at 21-year-old Alfreda Davidson. Her death has been listed as Montgomery's 19th homicide of 2012.
An initial investigation indicates that two males standing outside the residence were involved in a verbal altercation that escalated to gunfire. It is not immediately known if Davidson was involved in the altercation. Authorities believe she was walking between residences when she was struck.
At this time, there are no suspects in custody.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair