Police investigating fatal early morning shooting | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department has confirmed it is investigating a fatal shooting that occurred early this morning off of Wares Ferry Road.
Authorities say they are conducting a death investigation into a fatal shooting that occurred just after 5 a.m. Monday at a residence in the 500 block of Forest Ridge Court. MPD's initial investigation indicates the incident stemmed from an argument between the resident and an acquaintance, during which the acquaintance sustained a fatal gunshot wound.
MPD is withholding the identity of the deceased pending notification of next of kin. No additional information is available at this time.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!