Suspect arrested in connection with shooting on Carver HS campus | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- A teenager is recovering this morning after a shooting on the campus of Carver High School last night.
Police say it started with a fight that broke out in front of the high school. A teenaged girl received a minor gunshot wound to the hand, but police tell WSFA that it does not appear that she was involved in the fight. She was transported to a local hospital and treated for her injury.
Witnesses on the scene say that it happened after last night's back to school orientation session.
According to the Montgomery Police Department, 19-year-old James Cannon was taken into custody and charged with 2nd Degree Assault overnight. He was taken to the Montgomery County Detention Facility and is being held under a $15,000 bond. Further investigation reveals that the incident stemmed from a fight between several subjects.
Montgomery Public Schools tell WSFA that the incident did not involve any school activities and it is a police matter.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!