W. Montgomery warehouse fire ruled an arson | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- Investigators with the Montgomery Fire Department spent much of Tuesday sifting through evidence at a heavily damaged warehouse on city's west side.
They're now saying the blaze that sent three firefighters to the hospital for heat exhaustion was incendiary in nature.
Twelve fire units and 34 fire and rescue personnel responded to the 2800 block of Southwest Street, off Mobile Highway, to battle the two-alarm fire. Heavy smoke and visible flames could be seen, and cars near the building were also on fire.
The three firefighters were transported to Jackson Hospital for treatment, but fire department officials say they'll be back to their normal duties on Thursday.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to contact the city fire marshal's office at 334-241-2250.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ASU Alumnus Receives Fulbright Scholarship to Study, Do Research Abroad
- Four men arrested in connection with three Montgomery home robberies
- Air show presence may help bring jobs to state
- Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church to hold annual church revival service
- Montgomery to host 2013 Southeastern Regional Series Capital of Dreams Criterium and Bicycle Race