Montgomery records 10th homicide of 2012 | News
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA)- The Montgomery Police Department is investigating the circumstances surrounding the city's tenth homicide of 2012. The homicide happened Saturday at approximately 9pm.
Police and emergency crews were called out to Birmingham Highway and the Western Boulevard after getting reports that a man was lying beside the roadway. He reportedly had a severe laceration to the neck.
The victim was transported to Jackson Hospital where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
The victim has been identified as 50-year-old Jacques Johns of Montgomery.
Detectives say they've made an arrest in the case. Mark Jones, 52, is custody charged with murder.
A motive is not currently known. No additional details are available at this time.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school