City of Montgomery announces partnership to help boost home ownership in the city | Home & Garden
The City of Montgomery is pleased to announce a partnership that has been initiated for an affordable housing program (AHP) set-aside program in the amount of $1.5 million dollars for low income home persons in need of housing assistance. The affordable housing product is an offering made available to First Tuskegee Bank (FTB) for being a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) of Atlanta.
The housing set-aside product will provide matching funds for down payment assistance, closing costs, rehabilitation assistance and accessibility assistance for persons with disabilities. Persons interested must meet eligibility guidelines.
Funds will be granted to eligible persons on a first come-first served basis until they are depleted.
AHP set-aside products being offered includes:
Non-Veteran Products Being Offered:
- First-time Homebuyer Product - $5,000, 4 to 1 match ratio
- Community Stability Product - $5,000, 4 to 1 match ratio
- Foreclosure Recovery Product - $12,000, 4 to 1 match ratio
- Energy Efficiency & Weatherization Rehabilitation - $12,000, No match required
- Accessibility Rehabilitation Product - $12,000, No match required
Veteran Products Being Offered
- First-time Homebuyer Product - $5,000, No match required
- Community Stability Product - $5,000, No match required
- Foreclosure Recovery Product - $12,000, No match required
- Energy Efficiency & Weatherization Rehabilitation - $15,000, No match required
- Accessibility Rehabilitation Product - $15,000, No match required
To apply for the AHP Set-aside program please call the City of Montgomery, Department of Planning, Community Development Division at (334) 625-2997.
Source: City of Montgomery
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school