The American Red Cross in urgent need of types O negative and B negative blood | Health
The American Red Cross currently has an urgent need for types O negative and B negative blood donations. The distribution of those blood types are outpacing donations, creating an urgent need.
The American Red Cross’ mission is to ensure a safe and adequate blood supply for all patients through voluntary donations. To fulfill this, the Red Cross needs the generous support of eligible type O negative and B negative blood donors now.
Large natural disasters often highlight the need for blood and platelet donations, but the need remains constant year-round. Those who donated blood or platelets in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy may be eligible to give again.
January is National Blood Donor Month, a time when the Red Cross recognizes and thanks the millions of dedicated donors across the country for helping ensure a stable blood supply for patients in need.
Blood Donor Month comes at an opportune time, as January can be an especially challenging month to collect blood and platelet donations due to inclement weather and seasonal illnesses.
Please call 1-800-RED CROSS or go online to redcrossblood.org to schedule an appointment to give blood. Eligible donors with types O negative and B negative blood types are encouraged to donate double red cells where available.
Source: American Red Cross
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million