Alabama Cooperative Extension System to offer muscadine/grape and wine production workshop | Events
On Friday, February 22nd the Alabama Cooperative Extension System will teach an educational muscadine/grape and wine production workshop. This meeting will begin at the Nunn-Winston House at Kiesel Park at 8:45 a.m. and will conclude at Whippoorwill Vineyard at 3:00 p.m.
Topics that will be discusses include Muscadine Cultivars, Pierces Disease Resistant Bunch Grape Cultivars, Seedless Table Grape Cultivars, Pierces Disease Resistant Vinifera selections, Planting, Trellising, Training, Pruning Muscadines, and the Basics of Wine Making.
The tour will end with a tour of Whippoorwill Vineyards in Notasulga. To sign-up or for more information, contact the Lee County Extension office at (334) 749-3353. Cost is $5.00 per person and seating is limited so register early. Pre-registration and payment is required by Monday, February 18th.
Click here for a printable registration form.
Lots of information on muscadine production can be found on our web site at www.aces.edu. Simply type muscadine production in the search all ofACES.edu box at the top of the homepage.
Source: Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps