MCSO to hold first Citizens Academy of 2013 | Events
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for our 1st Citizens Academy of 2013. The Citizens Academy was established in 1997 to educate the citizens of Montgomery County on how the Sheriff’s Office operates and to promote public safety among our community members. Classes are designed to be interesting as well as informative. Citizens are given an opportunity to ride with a Deputy on patrol, tour the County Jail, volunteer at events that are sponsored by the Sheriff’s Office as well as train on the Firearms Training Simulator.
The Citizens Academy is a ‘free’ 6-week course that meets on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at our office, located at 115 South Perry Street. All material will be discussed during the meetings and neither homework nor physical activity is required.
- Resident of Montgomery County
- At least 21 years of age or older
- Pass a criminal background check
- Attend weekly meetings
Next Class Date:
February 18, 2013 – March 25, 2013
For More Information:
- Applications can be downloaded at our website:
Select “Citizens/Business Programs”~~“Citizens Academy”
Applications can also be requested by calling 832-1339 or request by mail or fax.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Citizens Academy Registration
115 South Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Fax request to 832-7113
Information Source: Montgomery County Sheriff
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!