Rosa Parks Museum to celebrate anniversary with free tours | Events
Troy University's Rosa Parks Museum will offer free tours on Saturday, Dec. 1, to celebrate the museum's 12th anniversary and the 57th anniversary of Rosa Park's arrest.
The museum will offer free admission to both the main Rosa Parks Museum and the Children's Wing from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 1. Groups of 10 or more are asked to make reservations by calling (334) 241-8661.
Constructed on the site of the Empire Theatre where Rosa Parks was famously arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery Bus, the Rosa Parks Museum opened in December 2000 with the mission of preserving and interpreting the story and lasting legacy of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. In its 12 years of operation, it has become a major downtown landmark and has garnered state, national and international recognition.
For additional information on the free tours, contact Kathryn Palmer, scheduling specialist, at 334-241-8661.
Source: Troy University Office of University Relations
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair