Montgomery launches animal control initiative | Environment
The Montgomery Police Department Animal Control Bureau is preparing for a series of neighborhood sweeps in areas of the city where dogs are running at large and canine inoculations have been "problematic".
The initiative will include neighborhood outreach by Animal Control Units working to emphasize to the public the importance of canine inoculations and rabies inspections, as well as the hazards of dogs running at large.
The sweeps will be held on each Wednesday for five weeks, starting at 2 p.m starting June 29, July 6, and going July 13, July 20 and July 27 at the sites listed in the photo (click to enlarge).
If the sweeps are not conducted in your neighborhood, or if you wish to speak with Animal Control, units will be available at the staging areas included below from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The following is a table of the areas and precincts to be included in the Animal Control sweeps.
Copyright 2011 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair