Invasive pest webinar set for February | Environment
Bermudagrass stem maggot, a new invasive pest, has been found across much of the Southeast. First identified in Georgia in 2010, bermudagrass stem maggot is a pest that cattle and forage producers need to learn how to manage.
A webinar, Biology and Management of Bermudagrass Stem Maggot, will be held at 10 a.m. CST on Wednesday, Feb. 6. This webinar is an excellent opportunity for cattle and forage producers to get an update on the bermudagrass stem maggot.
Drs. William Hudson and Dennis Hancock from the University of Georgia will discuss the status of this new invasive pest and provide research-based information on what is known about its biology and management. Questions for the speakers can be submitted during the webinar via e-mail and will be answered during the webinar.
The webinar will be recorded so it can be viewed at any time after Feb. 6. Information on how to connect to the live stream can be found at www.aces.edu/events/index.php.
Bookmark this page now so you can check back for connection information.
This webinar is brought to you by the Forage Focus program of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. For more information on bermudagrass stem maggot, see the following link to an article written by Hancock in 2012:
Source: Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million