MPD confirms overnight shooting is city's 17th homicide of 2013 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man sent to the hospital Thursday night with life-threatening injuries after being shot has died. This marks the city's 17th homicide of 2013.
The victim is identified at 18-year-old John Tolliver.
Authorities tell WSFA 12 News that MPD and Fire Medics responded to the 4900 block of Hatton Avenue at 10:45 p.m. in response to a subject shot. There they found Tolliver suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to a local hospital and was pronounced dead just before midnight.
The initial investigation indicates that the shooting was the result of an altercation between indiviudals known to each other.
No arrests have been made at this time as authorities continue to investigate.
Montgomery Police are asking that individuals with information about this homicide call CrimStoppers at 215-STOP, Secret Witness at 262-4000 or the Montgomery Police Department at 625-2831.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Upcoming Events near West Montgomery
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery to Host Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 18 – 21
- McCarter Ave. death investigation upgraded to city's 23rd homicide of 2013
- ASU Senior Makes History - First Student to Complete Correctional Dept. Program
- Murphy USA to hold Domestic Violence Awareness event
- Montgomery Court Referral Program to hold job fair