MPD confirms overnight shooting is city's 17th homicide of 2013 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man sent to the hospital Thursday night with life-threatening injuries after being shot has died. This marks the city's 17th homicide of 2013.
The victim is identified at 18-year-old John Tolliver.
Authorities tell WSFA 12 News that MPD and Fire Medics responded to the 4900 block of Hatton Avenue at 10:45 p.m. in response to a subject shot. There they found Tolliver suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to a local hospital and was pronounced dead just before midnight.
The initial investigation indicates that the shooting was the result of an altercation between indiviudals known to each other.
No arrests have been made at this time as authorities continue to investigate.
Montgomery Police are asking that individuals with information about this homicide call CrimStoppers at 215-STOP, Secret Witness at 262-4000 or the Montgomery Police Department at 625-2831.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Internal investigation launched by MPD following allegations from prostitution suspect
- National magazine paints negative light on Montgomery housing industry
- Two MPS students have been selected for a trip of a lifetime and need the community’s help!
- Brian Davis Joins Trenholm Tech Foundation Board
- Trenholm Tech Foundation Board Elects New Officers
- AL divided up into 5 new Medicaid recipient regions
- Ken Hare In Depth: Answers on ASU legal fees still leave public in dark
- Media given sneak peek at new Park Crossing High School
- Montgomery Zoo and Mann Wildlife Learning Museum offers dad free admission on Father's Day
- Pike Road moves on after MPS vote
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash
- Prattville police officer recovering after pursuit ends in crash