Child shot by teen in attempted robbery | Crime
FLATWOOD COMMUNITY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery boy is in stable condition at Children's Hospital in Birmingham after he was shot by a teen during an attempted robbery Sunday afternoon.
According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, an 11-year-old boy was shot and injured during a robbery attempt near Cobb Lane in the Flatwood Community around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
The suspect, a 13-year-old, has been booked into the Montgomery Youth Facility and faces robbery first degree and assault first degree charges. Due to the suspect's age, their identity cannot be released.
At last check the 11-year-old was listed in "stable" condition.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!