MPD make arrests in city's ninth homicide | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police have made two arrests in connection with the shooting death of Robert Gatz of LaPine.
On the evening of February 9, 2013, Montgomery Police and Fire Medics responded to the 900 block of West South Boulevard in reference to a subject down. There they found Gatz with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brandon Britt, age 26 and Roquese Norman, age 18, both of Montgomery, have been charged with one count of murder. The U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force took both suspects into custody on Thursday, February 21, 2013.
Britt and Norman were transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility following their arrest. Both are being held under a $75,000 bond.
No additional information is being released at this time as the investigation continues.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!