Two sex offenders sentenced to prison time | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Child Protect, a Children's Advocacy Center in Montgomery, says two sex offenders from cases they've worked were sentenced to prison on Friday.
Records show that Anthony Sunday pleaded guilty to child abuse and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. That sentenced was reduced to eight and a half years due to the fact that Sunday entered a guilty plea. Child Protect says the Sunday case was one of the worst cases of child abuse the center had ever dealt with.
Marcus Jackson was also sentenced to 20 years in prison for charges of sex abuse and rape first degree.
For more information on the Child Protect Children's Advocacy Center or to learn how you can help, click HERE.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation