Arrest made in Park Towne Way homicide | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say the man they believe responsible for the city's 6th homicide of 2013 is now in custody.
MPD detectives have arrested and charged 18-year-old Kenyaree Fuller with one count of capital murder after taking him into custody on Saturday.
Authorities were called to the 4700 block of Park Towne Way shortly after midnight on Friday, January 18. They located the victim, 29-year-old Douglas Gray dead at the scene - he had been shot multiple times.
The circumstances surrounding Gray's death were initially unknown. Upon further investigation, detectives determined that Fuller had set up a meeting with Gray intending to rob him. During the course of the robbery, Gray was fatally shot.
Gray's death was labeled as Montgomery's 6th homicide of 2013.
Fuller is now being held without bond at the Montgomery County Detention Facility.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- MPD investigating fatal shooting; nearby house surrounded by SWAT
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps