Man convicted of murder in Garden District death | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery man has been convicted of murder in connection with the city's fourth homicide of 2012.
A Montgomery County jury convicted Gordon Fowler of murder in the Feb. 19 stabbing death of Lori Skinner Thomas.
Police say the murder happened after a verbal altercation at Thomas' Cloverdale Road home turned physical and Fowler stabbed Thomas. Police believe Fowler and Thomas had a romantic relationship, but not a dating relationship.
The jury in this case had the option of convicting him of manslaughter. They chose instead to convict him of murder. Fowler is scheduled to be sentenced on January 10, 2013. His crime carries a possible sentence of 20 years to life in prison.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Montgomery water quality deemed safe
- Pike Road resident a finalist to be recognized at MLB All Star Game's Tribute for Heroes
- AL divided up into 5 new Medicaid recipient regions
- Vehicle found; hunt for violent suspect accused of pulling gun on 2 continues
- Montgomery natives honored by AUM English dept.