MPD makes arrest in city's 29th homicide | Crime
The Montgomery Police Department has arrested a suspect in the Saturday, Nov. 24, shooting death of 43-year-old Daniel Turman.
MPD detectives charged Zachary Stirewalt, 21, with one count of murder. Following his arrest, Stirewalt was transported to the Montgomery County Detention Facility, where he was being held under a $75,000 bond.
After receiving a report of a subject shot, Montgomery Police and Fire medics responded to Turman’s residence in the 100 block of Aster Drive at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday. Inside the residence officers located Turman, who had sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Stirewalt was taken into custody at the scene as a person of interest. Upon further investigation, MPD charged Stirewalt in connection with the shooting. MPD’s investigation indicates the victim had offered Stirewalt temporary housing after learning he recently had left his home in North Carolina and had no place to live.
Turman’s death is Montgomery’s 29th homicide of the year. No additional information is available for release relative to this ongoing investigation.
Source: Montgomery Police Department
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation