One captured, one sought in 17 home break-ins | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery Police say they've pinpointed the culprits responsible for at least 17 home break-ins in the Southview Community.
Police say they've recovered guns, jewelry and electronics - all taken from a string of burglaries in the Southview Community. Investigators located the items while serving a search warrant. And now, a juvenile is behind bars in connection with the crimes and police are looking for one other man - 19-year-old Lamarcus Sankey.
Sankey is wanted on at least 14 felony warrants including multiple counts of burglary third degree and theft charges.
Authorities are still looking for Sankey - they say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
So far police have recovered more than $9,000 worth of stolen property. More than $100,000 was stolen in all.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2013 Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series concludes on Sunday!
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps