Reckless murder, hindering prosecution arrests made in 19th homicide of 2012 | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department has arrested two people in connection with the city's 19th homicide of the year.
MPD says 23-year-old Antonio Smiley has been arrested and charged with reckless murder, 25-year-old Loretta Davidson has been arrested and charged with hindering prosecution. Both were taken into custody in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Alfreda Davidson.
Davidson was found shot to death on the front porch of a residence in the 2300 block of Mill Street on Monday morning.
An initial investigation indicated that two males standing outside the residence were involved in a verbal altercation that escalated to gunfire. Authorities believe Davidson was walking between residences when she was struck.
Upon further investigation, MPD identified Smiley and Loretta Davidson, Alfreda Davidson's sister, as suspects in the shooting.
Authorities say there is no additional information available for release as this is an ongoing investigation.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Parents make tough decisions about kids' summer activities
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation