MPD investigating two overnight shootings | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery Police Department is looking in to the causes of two overnight shootings.
The first shooting occurred in the 5800 block of Monticello Drive at approximately 10:15 p.m. The victim, a 22-year-old female, was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. Her condition has since been upgraded to stable but serious.
A 21-year-old male was taken in to custody and charged with assault second degree.
The second shooting happened at approximately 3:30 a.m. at the Diplomat Inn near the intersection of Norman Bridge Road and the South Boulevard. The victim received non-life threatening injuries. This case is currently under investigation.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million