Two in hospital following exchange of gunfire | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Two men were transported to local hospitals seeking treatment for gunshot wounds following an exchange of gunfire.
According to police, authorities responded to the 6000 block of Oakleigh Road around 10:45 p.m. Thursday after receiving a report of gunfire involving two subjects.
When they arrived, police found two males, a 20-year-old and a 21-year-old both suffering from gunshot wounds. The 20-year-old was transported to Baptist South for injuries believed to be serious. The 21-year-old was sent to Jackson Hospital for treatment of a single gunshot wound to the leg.
Investigators says the shooting stemmed from a verbal argument that escalated to violence. This incident remains under investigation.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding