Former Montgomery firefighter indicted | Crime
PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - An Autauga County Grand Jury has indicted a former Montgomery firefighter on two counts of Electronic Solicitation of a Child.
John Montague, 35, is accused of attempting to meet with a child under the age of 16. The incident is alleged to have happened in November 2011.
A month prior to that accusation, Elmore County authorities arrested Montague on harassment charges after alleging that he kissed and sent inappropriate text messages to a 13-year-old girl.
The City of Montgomery put the firefighter on administrative leave before starting an internal investigation. After the process was completed, the City initiated a termination process which was completed in November 2011.
The next step in Montague's legal process is an arraignment. A plea date will be set at that time. Once a plea date is set, a judge will determine a trial date. No firm date is known.
Copyright 2012 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road