Montgomery Fire and Rescue to pay tribute to 9/11 first responders who perished | Community Spirit
On Tuesday, Sept. 11, Montgomery Fire and Rescue will honor the 343 firefighters and 60 police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty on Sept. 11, 2001.
Each fire station will host a brief ceremony at 8:45 a.m., with firefighters assembled in front of the flag pole at each station. Administrative staff and other city workers will gather for the ceremony at Station 3, 4110 Carmichael Road. Flags at all fire stations will be lowered and remain at half-staff until 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12.
Information Source: Montgomery Department of Public Safety
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school