Hyundai donates 175 backpacks filled with supplies to area schools | Community Spirit
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Hyundai Motor Manufacturing marked the end of a three-week long supply drive Friday morning by presenting 175 backpacks filled with nearly $5,000 in school supplies to be handed out to needy Montgomery Public School students.
This was the first year for Hyundai's "Pack-A-Backpack" campaign that kicked off in early August. Company employees purchased nearly $5,000 in supplies that were stuffed into backpacks and presented Friday morning to representatives from the Montgomery Public School System and Partners in Education.
Each backpack contains: 1 Ream of Copy Paper, 2 Packs of #2 Pencils, Pencil Sharpener with Holder, 2 Packs of 16 Count Crayons, 2 Glue Sticks, 2 Bottles of Elmer’s Glue, 1 Box of Gallon Ziploc Bags, Index Cards, 2 Bottles of Pump Hand Sanitizer and 2 Boxes of Baby Wipes.
The supplies will be delivered to classrooms later today.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- SUV overturns on Union Street
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!