Over 800 prom dresses available to local students | Community Spirit
Thanks to the support of the community, the Clear Channel Montgomery 4th Annual Prom Dress Drive continues as a major success for community events. An estimated 813 prom dresses have been collected so far this year for students who may be experiencing tough times due to the economy.
All dresses were donated from the residents of the River Region and southern states and have been cleaned and pressed by Jim Massey Cleaners. This overwhelming support has once again allowed the event to be open to anyone who may need a prom dress, but simply cannot afford one.
On Monday March 26, 2012 dresses will be given away at the back entrance of the Dunn-Oliver Acadome, on the campus of Alabama State University, from 2:00 until 6:00 p.m. This event is free and open to all students. Attendees are encouraged to come early. Girls will be allowed to pick and try on dresses during this time. Dresses will be limited to one per female.
Source: Clear Channel Montgomery
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sunken riverboat again planned as training site for city authorities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps