Gov. Bentley to discuss upcoming state sales tax holiday for severe weather preparedness items | Business
Governor Robert Bentley on Wednesday will hold a news conference in the State Capitol to discuss Alabama’s upcoming state sales tax holiday for severe weather preparedness items. The Governor will also recognize Severe Weather Awareness Week throughout the state of Alabama.
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, February 22, and running through the end of Sunday, February 24, shoppers will have the opportunity to purchase items such as batteries, first-aid kits, flashlights, etc., without paying a state sales tax. Many local municipalities and counties will also waive their local sales taxes during the weekend to help Alabamians get the supplies needed to prepare for natural disasters.
This year, the state sales tax holiday is being held at the conclusion of the annual Severe Weather Awareness Week, which is currently underway. The National Weather Service, the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, Serve Alabama, local media and others, use the annual awareness week to remind the public to be aware of the variety of severe weather events that can impact the state.
Governor Bentley will be joined at Wednesday’s news conference by representatives of the NWS, the AEMA, Serve Alabama, the Alabama Department of Revenue, the Alabama Retail Association and others.
Source: Press Office for Governor Robert Bentley
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Montgomery woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for identity fraud tax refund scam
- Senate passes CAP Congressional Gold Medal bill
- MPS calls special meeting to accept the resignation of an employee TODAY
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school
- Prattville woman arrested for multiple counts of home mortgage fraud and theft
- CrimeStoppers offering cash reward to find Autauga County chase suspect
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million