A delegation of 13 Chinese dignitaries will visit Montgomery on Nov. 2 for the grand opening of Auburn University at Montgomery's new Confucius Institute. The daylong celebration will feature a variety of cultural exhibits and performances – from calligraphy demonstrations to a hibachi-style cooking show. The following festivities are free and open to the public:
- 9 a.m., Taylor Center 230 – Exhibit Hall opens, featuring Chinese art and artifacts.
- 9:30-11:30 a.m., Goodwyn Hall 109 – Dedication Ceremony.
- 11:40 a.m., Quad – Dragon Dance.
- 2:30-4 p.m., Goodwyn Hall 109 – Cultural performances, including traditional Chinese music and dance.
- 4 p.m., Taylor Center 221 – Hibachi-style cooking demonstration, featuring exotic ingredients like squid and Mandarin fish.
"We are very pleased and honored to welcome a Confucius Institute to its new home at Auburn Montgomery," said Chancellor John G. Veres III.