Southern Circuit returns to the Capri on February 21st | Arts & Culture
The Capri Theatre presents "Trust: Second Acts in Young Lives" with Director Nancy Kelly as part of the South Arts Southern Circuit Tour of Independent Filmmakers on Thursday, February 21 at 7:30. Following a screening of her feature film, "Trust: Second Acts in Young Lives" Kelly and the audience will engage in a discussion about the film and her work as a filmmaker. Joining Kelly will be Cheryl L Hardley , Coordinator of the Sexual Assault Response Team and the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (STAR/SANE) for STAR, a program of Lighthouse Counseling Center.
The Southern Circuit Tour of Independent Filmmakers is presented with support from the Montgomery County Commission and the Alabama State Council on the Arts. Accommodations for the filmmakers are provided by The Lattice Inn.
The 2012-2013 Southern Circuit is a program of South Arts. Southern Circuit screenings are funded in part by a grant from South Arts in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and local partner organizations. Special support for Southern Circuit was provided by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Visit the Capri's website for more on the Southern Circuit Tour of Independent Filmmakers
The Capri Theatre is located at 1045 E. Fairview Avenue in Montgomery's historic Cloverdale neighborhood.
Source: Capri Theatre
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding