So Percussion to perform at ClefWorks' 2013 festival | Arts & Culture
So Percussion is coming to Montgomery for Clefworks' 2013 Festival.
From February 5th through 7th, So will be in town performing for school children throughout the city and they will be conducting a master class for aspriring percussionists at Alabama State University.
On the weekend of February 8 and 9, So will perform two concerts at the newly renovated City Auditorium. The two concerts planned for each night at 7:30 pm are totally different. Called “mesmerizing” by the NY Times, a December 2012 So Percussion performance prompted the Washington Post to note that the group was “a tough act to follow.” Montgomery’s Saturday night concert will have something that the concert in our nation’s capital didn’t have – an extra percussion group performing with So.
Iron Giant Percussion from Birmingham, who won ClefWorks special Percussion Competition this year, will play along with So a piece specially created by them for Montgomery. The piece is titled “Montgomery Double Music”. You don’t want to miss a single beat of either of these two concerts.
Public performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. on February 8th and 9th at the newly renovated City Auditorium. Click here to buy tickets. Seating is limited.
For more information, visit the ClefWorks website.
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation