So Percussion coming to Montgomery | Arts & Culture
So Percussion is coming to Montgomery for ClefWorks’ 2013 Festival!
On February 5, 6, and 7 they will be performing for school kids throughout the city and conducting a Master Class at Alabama State University for aspiring percussionists.
On the weekend of February 8 and 9, So will perform two concerts at the newly renovated City Auditorium. The two concerts planned for each night at 7:30 pm are totally different. Called “mesmerizing” by the NY Times, a December 2012 So Percussion performance prompted the Washington Post to note that the group was “a tough act to follow.” Montgomery’s Saturday night concert will have something that the concert in our nation’s capital didn’t have – an extra percussion group performing with So.
Iron Giant Percussion from Birmingham, who won ClefWorks special Percussion Competition this year, will play along with So a piece specially created by them for Montgomery. The piece is titled “Montgomery Double Music”. You don’t want to miss a single beat of either of these two concerts.
Tickets are now on sale. But, numbers are limited due to the size of the Auditorium.
Come enjoy a fun music experience in a great new environment! (Oh, and, if you miss the Montgomery performances, you might can catch So at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in June).
Information Source: ClefWorks
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Families seek justice months after brutal triple murder
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- MPD investigating fatal shooting on Brookview Drive
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps