Local band “The Freedom Sound” offers free concert to celebrate release of first EP | Arts & Culture
For immediate release–Members of the public are invited to a free concert and evening of worship with local Contemporary Christian band The Freedom Sound on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 6 p.m. in Wesley Hall at Frazer United Methodist Church. The band is celebrating the release of their first EP, “Set Free”, featuring original music and adaptations written by members of the group and recorded in studios in Atlanta.
The Freedom Sound, who serve as part of the praise band for Frazer’s Contemporary worship services, have been together for three years. Set Free is the result of their desire to share their message in music with an even wider audience. Band vocalist and associate Worship Leader Jerrod Dorminey explains that Set Free is based on a verse in the Bible, Galatians 5:1, “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.” “We have experienced for ourselves what it means to be set free by Jesus,” says Jerrod, “and we want others to experience that as well, whether their chains are addictions or fear or worry or guilt or shame, Jesus can set everyone free.”
Set Free is available on iTunes and in the Frazer bookstore. The worship concert on Nov. 11 will feature the music of Set Free and other contemporary praise and worship music. The band can also be heard in Frazer’s contemporary worship services on Sunday mornings at 8, 9:30 or 11 a.m., or live streaming at 11 a.m. at frazerumc.org/live.
For more information:
Frazer UMC: www.frazerumc.org/events
The Freedom Sound on Facebook: www.facebook.com/tfsworship
Information Source: Frazer UMC
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man pleads guilty to cashing fraudulently obtained tax refund checks
- Montgomery Public Schools will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- MPD investigating robbery off of Country Brook Drive
- Upcoming meetings of the Montgomery County Board of Education
- Warhawks add four local standouts for 2013 season
- Downtown Montgomery site to be renovated, called the "40 Four Building"
- MPD investigating Montgomery's 25th homicide of 2013
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road