Should Sagging Pants Be Banned From All Public Buildings, Properties, & Events... | News
In October 2009 Morehouse College passed an "Appropriate Attire Policy" banning do-rags, grills, and sagging pants. Some people think that its an appropriate step in conveying to our young adults the importance of dress in corporate America while others wonder "Whatever happened to individuals being able to express themselves freely?"
Currently, we have a candidate for City Council Dist. 6 asking the council to sponsor her No Sagging Ordinance. This will, if enforced properly, put and end to sagging in public places (ex: libraries, city hall, public parks....etc). If the individual is asked to comply with the standards of dress and refuse they may be asked to leave the premises. If that individual declines to leave the police may then be called to take that individual to jail for trespassing. There would be no jail time for sagging but, trespassing is a crime.
How do you feel about sagging pants? Is this an ordinance that you would like your council person to support?
Top West Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Legislature passes bill providing additional protection to the elderly
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to hold Firearms Familiarization Course
- The Gathering of Eagles Welcome the Class of 2013 at Riverwalk Stadium
- Chick-fil-A Founder Selects Montgomery Team Member to Receive Chain’s Top Scholarship May 22
- Garrett Elementary holds end of year Teacher Appreciation and Field Day
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation